Taatje (Beninga) Rolfe - Poppinga
Translated from German Newspaper,
- To all our relatives and friends we bring the news that it has pleased the Almighty God to call to Himself the widow of Jacob Poppinga, Taatje (Beninga) Poppinga.
- She died on April 10, 1914. She was born at Pilsum, Ostfriesland on September 10, 1830. On Arpil 10, 1856 she entered into marriage with Reike Rolfs and in 1868 she came with him and her children to America. They settled first at Pecatonica, Illinois. Hardley a week after they had settled there her husband died suddenly of the heat.
- In 1872 she married Jaccob Poppinga and that same year moved to Iowa where they first lived for two years near Bear Grove. They then moved three miles north to what is now Allison, Iowa. Her second husband died in 1877 and since that time she lived with her children. She lived with a son whose wife had died 12 years ago and cared for his household.
- A year ago her strength began to fail and died at the age of 83 years, 7 months and 8 days. Pastor J. Bosch of Dumont lead the funeral service.
- The following bring this notice.
- Klaas Rolfs, Allison, Iowa, Mrs.W.Rotz, Wellsburg, Iowa
- Mrs. Frank Johnson Terril, Iowa, Mrs. J.A. Johnson, Lake
- Park, Iowa and Jacob Poppinga, Wheaton Minn.
Special Thanks to Linda (Bruns) Whiteside for this Obituary
Traverse County MNGenWeb USGenWeb
There were 1,795 visitors from 20 Sep 1998 - 23 Sep 2016
C.LaRue © 1998
This page last updated 18 Feb 2018