1874 Jacob Gerret Poppingo 1956
Father: Jacob Geerdes Poppingo
Born: Germany (Ostfriesland)
Married: 1872 Taatja (Berninga) Rolfs
Died: 1877 Butler County, Iowa [near Greene]
Buried: Vilmar Cemertry, Allison, Iowa
Mother: Taatja (Berninga) Rolfs * Her second marriage
Born: Sept. 10, 1830 Pilsum, Ostfriesland, Germany
Died: April 18, 1914 Butler County, Iowa
Cause: Old Age, Chronic Nephritis
Buried: Vilmar Cemetery, Allison, Iowa
Jacob and Taatja (Berninga) Rolfs-Poppingo had the following Children, Unknown birth order.
- Jacob Gerret born June 30, 1874 West Point Township, Iowa. Died June 8, 1956 San Diego, CA. Married Mary Emiline (Small-Adams) 1899. Had one daughter Martha Mae Born Allison, Iowa February 15, 1900. They lived in Allison, Iowa - Routt County, Colorado, Wheaton, Minnesota and San Diego, California. Jacob, Mary and Martha are buried in Greenwood Cemetery, San Diego, Caifornia. Martha married (1) Martin T. Johnson, they had 4 children
(2) Carlson Marxen, they had 4 children (3) Raymond Pearson.
- John K. Lived in Mitchell, South Dakota
- William Lived in Dumont, Iowa
- George Lived in Bristoe?, Iowa
- Katie M. who m. John Brown Lived in Dumont, Iowa
- Molly M. who m. George Ellis Lived in Rolfelle ?, Illinois
- Lizze Lived in Ogle County, Illinois
*Taatja first married Reike Rolfs April 10, 1856 They had 4 children from and in 1868 came to America. They settled first in Pecatonnica, Ill. Hardly a week after they had settled Reike died of the heat.
Jacobs Half Brothers and Sisters
- Charles Roalf m. Jennie Johnson. Lived in Allison, Iowa
- Anna Roalf m. Frank Johnson. Lived in Spirit Lake, Iowa
- Mary Roalf m. William Ross, may have married first Geske. Lived in Wellsburg, Iowa
- Kate C. Roalf m. John A. Johnson. Lived in Lake Park or Excelsior, Iowa
Jacob and Mary Poppingo Family
Ostfriesen-L email list
Please Use Your BACK option on your browser to return to the previous page.